- Open an E-Mail folder in the folder tree.
- In order to quickly find a particular E-Mail, use one of the following methods:
- To find E-Mails by entering a search term, use the search function.
- To sort the E-Mail list, click on Sort by above the list. Select a sort criterion from the menu.
- To combine all E-Mails of a conversation in a single list entry, enable the Conversations checkbox in Sort by.
- Click an E-Mail in the list. The content of the E-Mail will be displayed in the detail view. If the E-Mail is part of a conversation, all E-Mails in the conversation are displayed one below the other.
Note: Depending on the server configuration, very large E-Mails are not displayed completely. In this case, you will receive an E-Mail with a link. In order to completely display the E-Mail, click on the link.
If you selected List from the View drop-down in the toolbar, the list is replaced by the detail view of the selected E-Mail. In this case the following functions are available above the detail view.
- To open the list again, click on the button or the Back icon.
- To display the next E-Mail, click the View next icon.
- To display the previous E-Mail, click the View previous icon.
- When having selected vertical or compact from the View drop-down in the toolbar, you can open an E-Mail in a separate window by double-clicking on the E-Mail in the list.
- If a conversation is displayed, you can open or close a single E-Mail in the detail view by clicking on a free area between the sender and the date of receipt.
- To open or close all E-Mails in the conversation, click the Open/close all messages icon on the top right corner of the detail view.
- If the E-Mail includes a quote from a previous E-Mail, you can display the quote by clicking the Show quoted text icon.