After signing your contract, a technician will come to install your fibre optic connection. This means he will install an optical termination device at the closest connection point in your home to connect your Wiizbox via Ethernet/LAN. If you do not have a proper in-house cabling, JOIN is able to support you. However, this support will be charged.
Articles in this section
- How to release emails that have been detected as spam?
- What is the difference between Broadband@Home and LTE@Home?
- Do I need eligible Fibre or VDSL to get an Internet connection with LTE@Home?
- Do I get any benefits with LTE@Home?
- With LTE@Home can I connect a fixed phone line?
- Can I change or upgrade my Broadband@Home and LTE@Home tariff plan in the future?
- With my LTE@Home or Broadband@Home can I add additional options to my tariff plan?
- What are the advantages of fibre optics?
- Is it possible to enjoy the Broadband@Home without signing a fixed line subscription?
- LTE@Home Offer Belgium